site
stats

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Subtotal: Call for Quote


LegalEase featured in Economic Times

LegalEase Solutions, a US-based legal outsourcing company, plans to make Kochi its base of operations for undertaking top-end jobs.

Speaking to ET, Mr.Tariq Akbar, partner, LegalEase Solutions, said that lower cost of operations is the primary reason for the choice of kochi as the main base of the company. “But for IPR-related work we are making bangalore our base”, he said chennai is the other major centre of the company.

He pointed out that what was outsourced to the country earlier was low-end jobs like document review. but now high-end jobs like legal research, transactional work, IPR work, preparation of appeals complaints, pleadings and final briefs etc are being outsourced to the country.

Mr.Tariq Akbar believes that the market has completed the educative curve and has started experimenting with actual work.

Lower Cost Of Operations Is The Primary Reason For Choosing Kochi As The Main Base Of The Company

As a result of the higher volume of outsourcing business generated, the comany’s revenue is expected to go up. For Example, LegalEase solutions has achieved a turn over of US$ 250,000 in 2005-06, while in 2006-07 it is expected to grow by 30 to 50 %, he said. LegalEase Solutions has at present around 65 clients spread across 17 states. Around 70% of the work of the companies/clients is being outsourced to india while the remaining 30% is retained in US.

The company has started its Kochi-operations employing five people. ” We give an year long training programme to the employees on US law”, Mr.Akbar said. “Their efficiency goes up by nearly 300 % after this”, he said

Mr.Tariq Akbar pointed out that the quality of work done in the country has been highly appreciated by all. The other advantage, according to him, is the huge difference in costs. For example, the work, which a company like LegalEase Solutions does, would cost 140% higher if done by a contract attorney in US. Again, the same work done by a law firm would be costlier by 100 to 110% as compared to a contract attorney, he said.

By S. Sanandakumar